Things My Grandmother Taught Me
Today my maternal grandmother turns 90 years young. In honor of this memorable birthday, I present five things my grandmother taught me.
1. In a pinch a dollar bill works as well as a toothpick.
2. Friends are invaluable and family makes the best friends.
3. Keep a cake in the cupboard at all times in case of unexpected company.
4. Never underestimate the power of a good belly laugh or an innocent prank.
5. There’s always time for a little lunch.
My beautiful grandmother on her birthday trolley ride two years ago.